Self care can sometimes be hard to implement. If your busy all day at work, or with children, then coming home to make the dinner, bath time, bed time, is busy enough. You can be left wondering “what have I done for myself today?”.,
I’m going to give you a list of 5 Simple Self Care Ideas, that will get you back on track, and feeling like yourself again.
- Get outside – Go for a walk. Walk the school run. pop out on your lunch break if you normally sit at your desk. Get off the bus a stop earlier and walk the rest of the way. It doesn’t have to be far, but the first step is to get outside
- Plan a date – With friends or family or partner. It doesn’t have to be flash, or expensive, but plan it. And stick to it. Then make it a regular thing so you have something to look forward to.
- Drink – Make sure your drinking plenty of water. Hydration is the key to feeling better on the inside and the outside. You should be aiming to drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Relax – I’m not suggesting to do nothing. But a little change in routine goes a long way. Instead of immediately starting with housework, or cooking, or responding to work, have 5 minutes to relax. Gather your thoughts, make a coffee and drink it whilst its hot.
- Organise – Write a to do list for the jobs that need completing for the week. As you go along you can tick them off. If your feeling a little cluttered, sometimes clearing out a drawer. Just one at a time can make a huge difference
If you need further inspiration, then Nudge Cards are a pack of 20 different cards that all have ideas and inspiration on how to use them. You can shop them here.